Japan National Committee
Chair: Hiroshi Tanimoto, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan
Hiroshi Tanimoto, NIES (chair)
Nobuko Saigusa, NIES
J. Zhang, Toyama Univ.
Satoshi Inomata, NIES
Hitoshi Irie, Chiba Univ.
Nawo Eguchi, Kyushu Univ.
Yasko Kasai, NICT
Yugo Kanaya, JAMSTEC
Naoki Kaneyasu, AIST
Junichi Kurokawa, ACAP
Naoko Saitoh, Chiba Univ.
Thomas Sekiyama, MRI
Kenshi Takahashi, Kyoto Univ.
Nobuyuki Takegawa, Tokyo Met. Univ.
Tatsuya Nagashima, NIES
Tomoki Nakayama, Nagoya Univ.
Toshinobu Machida, NIES
Atsushi Matsuki, Kanazawa Univ.
Kazuhide Matsuda, Tokyo Univ. Agricul. Technol.
Jun Matsumoto, Waseda Univ.
Yuzo Miyazaki, Hokkaido Univ.
Michihiro Mochida, Nagoya Univ.
Yu Morino, NIES
Shinji Morimoto, Tohoku Univ.
Akihiro Yabushita, Kyushu Univ.
Seiichiro Yonemura, NIAES
Together with the international launch of the IGAC project, the atmospheric chemistry community in Japan was first organized in 1989. Since then, Japanese scientists have been continuously playing an important role in the development of atmospheric chemistry research, in particular, in Asia, and in the implementation of the agenda of IGAC.
Under the Science Council of Japan (SCJ), the IGAC-Japan National Committee is overseeing IGAC-related activities in Japan, with specific goals to:
- Oversee plans and progress of IGAC-oriented science projects and capacity building activities in Japan;
- Enhance connection of Japanese scientists-led projects with IGAC;
- Encourage participation of Japanese scientists in IGAC activities;
- Provide support for fund-raising to research plans proposed by Japanese scientists; and
- Promote collaboration between IGAC-Japan scientists and other IGBP-Japan or WCRP-Japan communities (w/ SOLAS, iLEAPS, SPARC, etc.).
Activities Supported by the IGAC Japan National Committee
- ISS Earth Observatory Initiative (proposal), 2012 --
- New Research Aircraft for Atmospheric Science (proposal submitted to SCJ), 2012 --
- Collaboration with KORUS-AQ, 2015 --
For more information, visit here.
International Workshop on Heterogeneous Kinetics Related to Atmospheric Aerosols
9-10 August, 2015
(joint with China WG led by Tong Zhu)
IGACnews Workshop Summary
IGAC Japan National Committee Annual Meeting
21 October 2015
IGACnews Meeting Summary
Tanimoto, H. et al., “Present and Future of Global Atmospheric Chemistry Research in Japan” as a review article in the Special Issue “25-yr summary of IGBP-Japan activities” in Chikyukankyo, in press.