The Royal Society of Chemistry sponsored International Symposium on Gas Kinetics and Related Phenomena will return to France in 2018, with the 25th meeting taking place from the 22 - 26 July at the Plenary Hall of the Hauts de France Government, in the historic city of Lille.
The conference traditionally provides an open forum for the presentation and discussion of the latest research on a wide range of topics related to gas-phase chemical kinetics. Breadth of coverage has expanded in recent years to include all aspects of atmospheric and combustion chemistry, including heterogeneous systems involving micro- and nano-particles.
A wide range of experimental and theoretical presentations are welcome, covering topics such as reaction dynamics; elementary processes, atmospheric, interstellar and planetary chemistry; combustion; new experimental methods; multiphase processes; Structure Activity Relationships and chamber studies to name but a few.
An exciting scientific programme is already taking shape including the following invited speakers:
- 2018 Polanyi Medal Recipient and Lecture: Barbara. Finlayson-Pitts (UC Irvine)
- Memorial lecture given by A.R. Ravishankara (Colorado State University) dedicated to the work of the late Ian W.M. Smith.
- Dr. Frédérique Battin-Leclerc, CNRS Nancy (France)
- Prof. Matthew Costen, Herriot-Watt University, Edinburgh (UK)
- Dr. Barbara d'Anna, CNRS, Marseille (France)
- Dr. Catherine Walsh, University of Leeds (UK)
- Dr. Geoffrey Tyndall, NCAR, Boulder (US)
- Dr. Tim Wallington, Ford Motor Compagny (US)
- Dr. Andreas Hofzumahaus, Forschungszentrum Jülich (Allemagne)
- Dr. Sebastien Dusanter IMT Douai (France)
Social events are also planned, with time to visit the WWI Artois Battlefields and enjoy the historical city of Lille and its surroundings (http://www.lilletourism.com)
Early bird registration is now open, with abstract submissions running from 25th January - 16th April 2018
For more information and to register visit https://gk18.sciencesconf.org
or contact local organisers via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to Lille in July 2018