IGAC has a strong focus on engaging the next generation of atmospheric scientists through its early career program. These scientists join an international network early in their career that creates relationships that facilitate atmospheric chemistry research at an international level for years to come.
IGAC cultivates the next generation of scientists by:
- Providing early career travel grant to IGAC sponsored events;
- Hosting the IGAC Early Career Short Course and the Early Career Program as part of the biennial IGAC Science Conferences; and
- Profiling an early career scientist in each issue of IGACnews.
IGAC Early Career Short Course
The IGAC Early Career Short take places biennial the three days prior to the IGAC Science Conference. The Early Career Short Course aims to provide an opportunity for these selected early career scientists to learn career skills and to build a network amongst their peers.
- 2016 IGAC Early Career Short Course
- 2018 iCACGP/IGAC Early Career Short Course
- 2020 IGAC Early Career Short Course (Postponed until 2021)
Young Earth System Scientists community (YESS)
YESS, unifies international and multidisciplinary early career researchers in a powerful network, providing a voice and leverage for a better future to serve society.
Latin America Early Career Earth System Scientists Network (LAECESS)
A group of Young Scientists from Latin America aiming to promote networking, integrated science and soft skills. We are currently working towards creating a platform to implement our objectives. Please feel free to join, everybody is welcomed.
Earth Science Women's Network (ESWN)
An international peer-mentoring network of women in the Earth Sciences, many of whom are in the early stages of their careers. Our mission is to promote career development, build community, provide opportunities for informal mentoring and support, and facilitate professional collaborations